Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Future Books...

Thanks for the reminder, BV. I've been swamped, but thankfully I'll have a week after A Briefing to read it unfettered.

I ran across this site while on www.digg.com and thought it might provided some alternative options for future books. It's more in the vein of the classics, so it'd be a change from our latest selections. Maybe more of the extended "summer reading" category...

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/05/14/100-must-read-books-the-essential-mans-library/#more-183


Might spur some ideas, at the least. For example, I've never read the Brothers Karamazov, but would love to. I'm sure Wid has read it, so we might have to return to those books he's never heard of....=)

See you soon!

Rock

p.s. No idea what that artofmanliness.com site is about. Never heard of it, and these books seem equally relevant for women!

2 comments:

airwid said...

I was thinking along the same lines as Rock, going for a classic, as it would be a good way to keep our choices fresh.

i have read "brothers karamazov" but it's been awhile, and for whatever reason "crime and punishment" made more of an impression on me. Perhaps b/c Crime is around 300 pages and Brothers is around 800.

I think that's a great list from that website, whatever it is, and I've wanted to read a lot of the books listed there for some time. I keep hearing a lot about "the bible" too but I can never find it by author...

Beav said...

First, I was shocked at how many of those books i have actually read - from either high school or college. I must be more well read than I thought :) The Dorian Gray one is interesting to me actually.

I'm down to mix in a classic from time to time.

I might be tempted to hit the Cliff's notes like back in the day.

Jeff's bookclub did catch 22 last month. He said it was a real grind, but was amazing. Looked pretty dang long though...

I don't know if I'll be proposing any of these any time soon though. That'll have to be on someone else...

Nice Wid - hopefully you can find a copy sometime. It'll change your life, swear to God.